What To Look For In A Kids Ski Helmet
When shopping for the best kid’s ski helmet, it's important to look at safety features and fit.
- Look for helmets that meet safety standards set by the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM). This will ensure your child is wearing a properly designed helmet with shock absorption technology.
- Look for helmets with an adjustable chin strap and padded ear covers for extra protection.
- Make sure the helmet has a visor to protect your child's face from the sun and snow.
- Measure your child's head circumference before buying, as ski helmets come in different sizes. Choose one that is snug without being uncomfortable.
- Look for adjustable features, such as dials or straps, to ensure the helmet is properly fitted while your child is wearing it.
- Look for helmets that are made of a lightweight and durable material like polycarbonate, which is strong but impact resistant enough to protect your child's head.
- Make sure the helmet has plenty of ventilation, such as mesh side panels or vents, to keep your child cool while skiing.
- Look for helmets with cool designs or colors to make sure your child looks stylish while skiing.
These are some of the most important factors to consider when shopping for a kids' ski helmet. The right helmet will provide proper protection and ensure that your child has a safe and fun time skiing this winter!
Ski Goggles: Do I Also Need Them For My Kid?
Some wonder whether ski goggles are necessary for kids when skiing. Goggles provide additional eye protection and comfort, reducing sun glare and protecting the eyes from wind and snow. But they aren't always required, as some helmets come with a visor or built-in eye shield.
If your child's helmet doesn't have a visor or eye shield, be sure to pick up a pair of ski goggles. Look for ones with UV protection and an anti-fog coating, as well as adjustable straps so they can easily fit your child's head.
So if necessary, don't forget to pick up a pair of ski goggles so your child can have optimal visibility while skiing. Ski goggles protect eyes from wind, snow, and the sun's rays. Look for ones with anti-fog lenses and adjustable straps to ensure they fit well.
What To Avoid In Kids Helmets For Skiing
There are some important features to look for when shopping for the best kid’s ski helmet, but there are also some features that you should avoid. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Avoid helmets with sharp points or edges that could injure your child.
- Don't buy a helmet without adjustable straps or dials; this could cause the helmet to be too loose while skiing.
- Avoid helmets made of heavy materials; this could make it difficult for your kid to keep their head up while skiing.
- Don't buy a helmet with poor ventilation or no vents at all; this can cause your child to overheat and become uncomfortable.
- Don't choose one without the ear pads; this help to keep the helmet in place and protect your child's ears from the cold.
- Finally, don't buy a helmet without any safety certification; this could mean it won't provide adequate protection for your child.
These are some of the things you should avoid when shopping for a kids' ski helmet. Make sure to do your research and look for helmets with features that will keep your child safe while they're out having fun!
Best Kids Ski Helmet: Our Top Picks
Now that you know what to look for, it's time to pick the best kids ski helmet. Here are our top picks that have been carefully selected to provide the most protection and comfort for your child.
Best Overall: Giro Crue MIPS Kids Ski Helmet
When you adjust the system to one of the three circumferential settings, the soft elastic fit band at the rear of the helmet combines with the fixed-position straps to provide a snug, comfortable cradle for your head. Without taking off your helmet, the new On-the-fly Vertical Tuning function allows you to fine-tune your fit and goggle setup.
Value-packed, high-quality helmets made of hard shell construction are readily available. After shaping the EPS foam liner, a tough outer shell is bonded to it. The Auto Loc 2 Fit System is a robust self-adjusting fit system created to eliminate the need for manual adjustments when modifying the size of a helmet.
Strap for holding goggles, which may be detached. The ear cushions are detachable. Supports Outdoor Tech's aftermarket Giro audio systems. The goggles and the stack vent on the front of the helmet are designed to work together to keep your eyes clear. The top of the helmet features Super Cool Vents that allow excess heat to escape.
- Auto Loc 2 Fit System for easy adjustments.
- Detachable Ear Pads.
- Vents to keep your head cool.
- Goggle strap and Stack Vent that keep your eyes clear.
- The design might be boring for your youngster.
Stylish And Safe: Wildhorn Spire Combo Pack
With in-mold construction and a comfortable, adjustable fit, the Spire snowboard helmet and goggle pair helps protect their noggins while they gain speed on the slopes. The in-mold design delivers adult-level safety in a kid-friendly package. The toddler ski helmet is equipped with an adjustable dial fit system that allows for a snug and comfortable fit for a wide range of head sizes and shapes.
The Spire ski helmet for both boys and girls has received the ASTM seal of approval, ensuring that it meets or exceeds all applicable safety standards. The eyes of young skiers may be seen by parents or instructors thanks to the semi-mirroring. Lenses are coated to prevent scratching, fogging, and 100% UV rays. The straps may be adjusted to fit any size.
The kid's ski helmet is equipped with vents that allow cool air to enter and expel perspiration from the head. The Spire kids ski goggles and helmet is designed for children aged 3 to 8 (please refer to the sizing guide for information on how to determine the correct size).
- In-mold construction provides a safe and comfortable fit.
- Adjustable dial fit system for customized sizing.
- ASTM seal of approval ensures safety standards are met.
- Semi-mirroring allows parents or instructors to see their children's eyes.
- The goggles may not be suitable for small faces.
Light And Cool: BeBeFun Toddler and Kids Ski Helmet
Extremely tenuous 350 g / 0.77 lb Weight: (50-53cm) Coze inside does not require a hat since he has heated ear cushioning. fantastic for long days on the slopes. Many rigorous safety testing were performed on this helmet. It is both CPSIA and ASTM-F2040 compliant and approved for safety.
Use the adjustment dial on the rear to fine-tune the fit for prolonged wearability. Ski goggles for children may be used with no problems.
The tough, heavy-duty exterior guards against scrapes and Cush. The helmet is lined with thick, high-density EPS foam, which will disperse impact forces.
- Lightweight at 350g / 0.77 lb.
- CPSIA and ASTM-F2040 compliant for safety.
- Adjustment dial on the rear for snug fit.
- Compatible with ski goggles for kids.
- Heavy-duty exterior guards against scrapes and Cush.
- The ear cushions may not be comfortable for those with large ears.
Great Combo Pack: Giro Launch Youth Snow Ski Helmet w/Matching Goggles
The gap-free fit of your goggles and helmet may be fine-tuned thanks to the Vertical Tuning function (space between goggles and helmet). Quickly and easily find your perfect fit with the In Form Fit System, even while wearing gloves. The dial at the helmet's base may be adjusted vertically by up to 6 centimeters for a more comfortable fit and improved stability.
Your children will be more at ease on the slopes thanks to the helmet's Super Cool Vents, which enable heated air to escape. These kids' ski and snowboard goggles include a plush lining and padded earcups to ensure their comfort on the slopes. This fashion is kid-safe.
If you have a goggle with a dual-lens and an anti-fog coating, you won't have to worry about condensation. Clothing fit for a kid. The Giro Rev child goggle is a perfect complement to the Giro Launch snow helmet for kids. Facial foam with two layers.
- Vertical Tuning function for a gap-free fit.
- In Form Fit System for precise sizing.
- Super Cool Vents enable air to escape.
- Plush lining and padded earcups provide comfort.
- Dual lens with anti-fog coating.
- The helmet may not be suitable for children with large heads.
Budget Pick: OutdoorMaster Lazurite Ski Helmet For Youth & Kids
ABS shell with EPS core for shock absorption and durability. The best way to protect your noggin from ski drops is with a snowboarding helmet. It contains a washable lining and ear cushions made of fleece, as well as a strong ABS outer shell with an EPS core.
With its 10 separate vents, you can ski for hours without overheating. While most children's helmets top off at a size small or x-small, this one goes all the way up to a size large, making it suitable for both older children and adults.
You may dial in the size to ensure a snug and comfortable fit. Snow sports helmets often include a detachable inner fleece lining with pockets for storing headphones and ear cushions.
- ABS shell with EPS core for shock absorption.
- Removable fleece lining and ear cushions.
- 10 separate vents to keep you cool.
- Extended sizes range from small-large.
- Can be adjusted for a snug and comfortable fit.
- The design options are limited.
Great For Teens: OutdoorMaster Kelvin Ski Helmet
There are 13 unique color schemes to pick from, all of which feature a sleek design. Every each detail is matte. The dial fit mechanism allows for a customized fit to your child's skull and allows the helmet to be used for a longer period of time or passed down to younger siblings.
The removable ear pads and inner fleece liner are made of soft, thick materials that can be removed for cleaning. The bottom of the helmet is designed with an adjustable chin strap and buckle system to keep it firmly in place.
The ventilation system has 14 vents and air channels that enable air in and out – this helps to ensure your kids will stay cool and comfortable while skiing.
- Multiple colors and designs to choose from.
- Dial fit mechanism for a secure fit.
- Removable ear pads and inner fleece liner.
- 14 vents for ventilation.
- The chin strap may be difficult to adjust.
Premium Option: Giro Ratio MIPS Ski Helmet
Value-packed, high-quality helmets made of hard shell construction are readily available. After shaping the EPS foam liner, a tough outer shell is bonded to it. The gap-free fit of your goggles and helmet may be fine-tuned thanks to the Vertical Tuning function (space between goggles and helmet).
Quickly and easily find your perfect fit with the In Form Fit System, even while wearing gloves. The dial at the helmet's base may be adjusted vertically by up to 6 centimeters for a more comfortable fit and improved stability. The goggles and the stack vent on the front of the helmet are designed to work together to keep your eyes clear.
With the easy, low-profile Thermostat Control button on the exterior of the helmet, you can rapidly fine-tune airflow to your liking. There is no other system that can keep you as comfortable as this one does, nor is it as fast or easy to alter.
- Vertical Tuning function for a gap-free fit.
- In Form Fit System for precise sizing.
- Thermostat Control button to adjust airflow.
- Goggles and stack vent designed to keep eyes clear.
- The helmet may be more expensive than other options.
Also Great: Odoland Snow Ski Helmet and Goggles Set
Looking for complete protection for your head while skiing, skating, snowboarding, or participating in other snow sports? Look no further than this top-quality set! With shockproof and penetration-resistant properties, the helmet and goggles will stay securely in place, providing optimal protection for your head. The helmet comes with a detachable lining, removable earmuffs, and a soft chin band, ensuring a warm and comfortable fit.
The goggles feature an easy-to-adjust band that can be customized for a perfect fit, making them ultra-comfortable. Lightweight and easy to adjust, both the helmet and goggles offer less pressure on your head. Plus, with a handy carry bag included, you can take your helmet with you wherever you go!
- Age Range: Adult.
- Outer Material: Plastic.
- 28 air vent holes to increase ventilation and breathability.
- Comes with a carry bag for easy storage and transport of the helmet.
- A good-fitting set.
- Great ventilation.
- Affordable price point.
- Carry bag included.
- Might be too large for the youngest users.
Editor’s Choice: TurboSke Ski Helmet Snowboard Helmet
This helmet is as safe as possible. Key and high-impact locations are protected with a hard ABS shell. The high-density polyurethane (EPS) foam within the PC shell allows us to lighten the device without compromising on protection. If you open the front and back vents, you'll get plenty of airflows and be able to rapidly maintain a comfortable temperature without overheating or fogging up your goggles.
You can open and shut your helmet with one hand, even when wearing gloves, thanks to the innovative FIDLOCK patented Magnetic Buckle. There is a built-in audio storage slot in the ear pads, and they are compatible with a wide variety of aftermarket helmet audio systems. Unique Hybrid Shell Design that meets or exceeds ASTM F2040 safety requirements. The helmet's shell is made from two different types of plastic: a softer PC shell and a tough ABS plastic shell.
- ABS plastic used for the exterior.
- Dual Active Ventilation, 14 Vents.
- Dial Fit System.
- Magnetic Buckle.
- ASTM F2040 Certification.
- Mutually Acceptable Audio.
- Adjustable for Eyewear.
- Key and high-impact locations are well-protected by the hard ABS shell.
- The high-density polyurethane (EPS) foam used inside the PC shell makes the helmet lightweight without compromising on protection.
- FIDLOCK patented Magnetic Buckle allows easy, one-handed opening and closing, even while wearing gloves.
- Built-in audio storage slot in ear pads, compatible with a wide variety of aftermarket helmet audio systems.
- Unique Hybrid Shell Design meets or exceeds ASTM F2040 safety requirements.
- The helmet's exterior is made from two different types of plastic, a softer PC shell, and a tough ABS plastic shell.
- More expensive than some other options.
Best Kids Ski Helmet: Our Conclusions
A good ski helmet is a necessary investment for any family planning to hit the slopes. The best kid’s ski helmet should be one that not only meets safety standards but also offers a comfortable fit and cool design. By following our guide, you can make sure your child is safe and comfortable during their ski trips.
Our #1 pick is Giro Crue MIPS Kids Ski Helmet. This helmet is extremely lightweight and offers superior coverage, with a low-profile Thermostat Control button that allows you to easily adjust the airflow. It also has an In Form Fit System which enables a secure and comfortable fit and Vertical Tuning function which ensures goggles are fitted properly.
For the best value, try OutdoorMaster Kelvin Ski Helmet. If you’re looking for a premium option, look no further than Giro Ratio MIPS Ski Helmet. Whichever helmet you choose, be sure to check that it meets all safety standards and fits your child correctly, so they can enjoy their time on the slopes in comfort and safety.