Personal data is information that makes it possible to identify a person: phone number, email, etc. This kind of data also includes an anonymized visitor IP address, URL, cookies, and the time the page was visited. If a site requests or monitors this information, the resource owner must notify visitors and comply with the Private Policy. Otherwise, the user can sue and receive moral compensation.
● non-unique content;
● you are not a lawyer so you do not understand whether all these terms are used
● generated content can’t describe all your website’s features.
Custom Legal Pages’ Advantages
How to Create Custom Legal Pages?
We share tips on the design of PP & Terms on the site:
● Highlight headings and crucial points in a bold, use case, indentation.
● For convenience, put the position in a separate document, for example, in PDF
format. Make sure the text renders well on different devices.
● Use navigation — content with hyperlinks to sections.
There are no specific requirements for placing a document so you can choose one of the options:
● Window about working with cookies. The user consents to the use of “cookies” in the notification that pops up when the page is opened. It is appropriate to leave a link to PP in this notice.
● Filling out the form to receive data. The visitor enters a name, email, and other information and then ticks the consent to data processing. Usually, a link to PP is placed next to this checkbox.
● Site footer. Legal pages are often placed here so that users can quickly open and view a document from any section of the site.
● Everything related to the design and placement of the legal pages remains at the discretion of the operator. The main thing is that site visitors always have the opportunity to read the documents.
● Who is the owner of the site or application?
● What data is collected, why it is used, and how? You will also want to note who has
access to the collected data;
● What is the “legal basis” for the collection? For example, is user consent required or
is it a legal requirement?
● What rights does the user have to access and delete their data?
● How secure and compliant is cross-border or foreign data transfer?
main purpose of the document is to tell the visitors of the resource what personal data the
operator is requesting and why he needs them. PP is drawn up in free form, but it must
contain such items as information about the operator, the grounds, and purposes for collecting
information, the processing procedure, and the security of data.