We have the list of the best social media and social networking apps here. Social networking has become an insanely popular way to connect and interact with others. From college students to professionals and anyone in between, social networking apps have replaced conventional forms of communication. This list is filled with apps that implement some of the best features, most popular options and newer editions into the world of social networking apps.
The best social networking apps for iPhone and iPad
7 Jun 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Wizz app is the most fun and spontaneous way to meet new friends. This iPhone app is designed for social networking. It is a good tool to make friends and to meet friends. Wizz is for positive vibes only! If you post inappropriate content, you'll be automatically banned.
- Browse and find online people ready to chat!
- Chat with your new friends and engage in crazy challenges
With AllMyLinks you can easily link Instagram and Twitter, and also your Snapchat, YouTube or any other website! Just download AllMyLinks and create your profile in seconds, 100% free! With this app you are in complete control, there are NEVER any ads on your profile! Scan a QR code to add a link right from the app!
- Link all your social networking sites
- Stay in control of all your networking sites from one spot
- Offline mode for times when there's no connection
Are you having problems with social distancing? Stay home and stay safe with the fantastic Houseparty app. It has built a face-to-face social network where you can connect with the people you care about most.
Houseparty is truly the next best thing to hanging out in person.
- The app makes connecting face to face effortless
- Your friends will be able to see when you log in
- Unlimited number of guests at your party
- No more cleaning up after your guests
Is there an app that's more popular or commonplace than FaceBook other than maybe Google. If you don't know what Facebook is, then you probably have been living under a rock. It's the backbone and number one social networking app on the Internet. Hundreds of millions of people use this app to interact with friends and family, share updates, post photos, text, chat, comment on posts, read the news, stay informed with cultural or political events, follow sports, invite others to your party, create themed pages and so much more. It's almost the essential form of social interaction these days.
- Communicate with friends and family
- Play games, watch videos, read articles
- Share, follow and like posts
- Play games through Facebook apps
- Keep tabs on what all of your friends are doing
Reposter is the best way to repost photos, videos, stories, and IGTV videos to Instagram. Save time and repost everything through our app. No sign in required, and your reposts will leave no ‘watermark.’ Set reposts for specific times and dates, saving you valuable time
- Repost photos, stories and videos
- Automatically copy the caption
- Support posts with multiple photos/videos
- Repost an unlimited number of photos and videos
Perhaps, the only app to approach Facebook's level of popularity is Twitter. Express what you have to say in 140 characters or less. Share links to articles, events and more. Post pictures or videos for others to see. Hashtags are huge with this app to follow events, people, themes and more. In fact, Twitter popularized the hashtag and made it an everyday term. Message people directly, follow your favorite celebrities or quickly interact in the latest social trends from around the world. Retweet other tweets if you like them and want to share them with your followers.
- Only 140 characters for a post
- Tweet, Retweet or message directly
- Use hashtags to follow topics
- Interact with others via hashtags
- Follow friends, family and celebrities
Journals network is the perfect way to keep track of your life. Leave daily entries and photos so that you can save and recall the best moments of your life. You can find new or old friends and follow them. If you want to share your journal entries you can, but what you share is up to you. Receive advice whenever you need it from friends and followers using the built-in chat function. This app emphasizes and encourages kindness, collaboration, and compassion.
- Create one photo and one entry for everyday
- Find and make new friends
- Share your journals and receive advice
- Chat functionality
- Encourages kindness, collaboration, and compassion
SixString is the Premier Social Network for Guitarists. Packed with cool features including video and audio recording, this innovative app was built with guitarists in mind. Quickly record licks & riffs, take pictures and videos of your guitars and gear, text updates about gigs or guitar news, and then instantly share them with the community.
- Record Audio & Video: Quickly record up to 45 seconds of HD audio or 15 seconds of video showcasing your guitar skills, your gear - your passion
- Post your gear: Take pictures of your favorite guitars, pedals & amps to share with the community, or post your YouTube videos
- Discover: Find your favorite players and FAN them to get all their updates
- Get the latest news from multiple guitar and bass publications in the news section! Purchase SixString picks, shirts and more in our in-app store
Social Dummy is a simple and easy-to-use entertainment tool to create fake and very faithful posts, comments, profiles, messages, direct messages and more in recreated popular social network apps., Fan-fiction or even just to fool your friends. The possibilities are endless and the app is ever growing with your contributions.
- Each account is highly customisable with many options available to make it your own!
- Social Dummy is perfect for creating fake AU's (Alternative Universe)
- All your created fake posts and content are saved securely into the cloud so you can come back and continue your stories at any time.
For some of us health and fitness is a big part of our lives, or at least we’d like it to be. BodySpace turns your healthy lifestyle into a social media experience. You can access the advices of professional trainers, and interact with a vast fitness community by creating friends and following popular members. Choose from dozens of training programs, set goals for yourself, record your experience levels, and share for motivation. There are instructional videos as well as step-by-step instructions. You can even track your stats and save them to your Apple Health App.
- Personal trainer and fitness community with friends and followers
- Choose from dozens of training programs created by professionals
- Set goals, experience levels, gender, and much more
- Instructional videos and step-by-step instructions
- Track all your stats and share them with the Apple Health App
Ivy is a social media app designed to keep you in touch with what’s going on around you. You can post your favorite interesting pics and deep thoughts with your friends and followers. This is a location based service so it creates your feed from events and posts from those in your actual area. The focus is on posts from your friends and those you follow, but it will also post the most popular posts from anyone in your vicinity. Ivy also includes a secure direct messaging function.
- Post interesting pics and deep thoughts
- Set and access the pulse of what’s going on around you
- Location based service keeps you tapped in to what’s happening locally
- Feed includes the best posts from friends and others in your local area
- Private and secure direct messaging is available
Some social media apps are just plain fun and that’s an apt description of We Heart It. This app is about sharing the things that you love with your friends and family. You can create your own collections and share them with anyone you want. There are also custom channels you can join to find your favorite content and you can even create your own. Explore an up-to-date daily feed of inspiring content
- Collect and share the things that you love
- Join or create custom channels
- Watch and share videos
- Connect and share with other social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter
- Get discovered! Top posts are promoted and shared with our millions of users.
Of all the social media apps on this list Chummy has to be one of the most positive ones. This app is simply a great idea as it encourages people to help others. Social media can be far too negative sometimes and this is a place you can go if you’ve had enough of that type of thing. With this app you can help others with routine daily problems and receive their help in turn when you need it. The more you help others, the higher your kindness levels grow. When someone nearby needs help you’ll receive notifications and if you have the expertise to help them you can jump right in. It has the familiar chat and like features you’ll find in other social media apps, and it uses GPS map integration to find and share with people close by.
- Chummy is the social media app for help with routine daily problems
- Watch your kindness levels grow the more you help out
- Receive notifications when someone nearby needs help
- Uses GPS map integration to map and share with people close by
- Familiar Like and Chat features
Letterboxd is a focused social media app. In a nutshell, it’s a social media app for film lovers. It allows you to browse through a database of highly rated and anticipated films and leave your own ratings and reviews. There’s plenty of information on the cast and crew of each film as well. If you prefer you can follow others and read their opinions on the hottest films and find out if a movie sounds worth checking out. You can view their full member profiles, follow them, and even interact with them.
- A social network for film lovers
- Browse through a database of highly rated and anticipated films
- Log films with your own ratings and reviews
- Access cast and crew information
- View member profiles, follow, and interact with them
The creators of Foursquare have put out another stellar app that allows users to connect with others while they are out on the town. It's an easy and fast way to connect, then meet up with friends or coworkers. You can also use it to see who's nearby and potentially meet up with some new people. Share what you're doing by checking in where ever you are. This app is also a fun way to come up with some impromptu ideas for you and your friends like check out a bar or new club. You will need to allow this app access to your Location services function.
- Quickly check out which friends are nearby
- Make plans with nearby friends
- Share your status and location
- Potentially meet up with new people
- GPS enable app