If you’re a painter, graphic designer, or illustrator, chances are you have an iPad, and you’’ve had a look through all of the different art apps available. From apps that help you create beautiful pieces to those that help you find shows to check out the work of other artists, there is a wide variety of tools and software. Check out our list of the best art apps for iPad.
The best art apps for iPhone and iPad
21 Sep 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
The Acute Art app is a new way to discover, experience and collect augmented reality artworks by the world's most celebrated artists. Use this art app for iPhone to place the artwork, adjust the shadow angle and light intensity to match your surroundings or switch on the torch to light up the artwork at night. Then capture it in a stunning photo or video and share with family and friends.
- A collection of augmented reality artworks
- Night mode: a torch which lights up the artwork
- Adjustable shadow angle and light intensity
- Place, view, photograph and film augmented reality artworks in the real world
- A gallery of photographs and videos
Please note that the application only works with Artivive extended artworks. Artivive, the iPhone app for art is a revolutionary tool that transforms the way you look at art. Artists with the Artivive app can connect a digital layer to traditional artworks, which you can experience through this application. Simply point your phone at the artwork and watch it come to life! There is no better way to experience the art form of the 21st century than with Artivive, the #1 AR art platform.
- The intuitive app
- Cnnect with art on a deeper level
- The best way to experience the art form of the 21st century
ArtPlacer, an art preview app is an easy and accurate way to preview art in place. This is one of the best art apps for iPad.
You can view artworks and photographs on your walls in proper dimension using Augmented Reality technology.
- Upload your art and display it in situ
- See how your space comes together before making buying decisions
- Launch the app from your website to showcase your catalog to prospective clients
- Discover ArtPlacer’s top Partner Galleries
- Visualize exquisite artworks in your home (or wherever you like)
Curate App is going to blow your mind. You will use it to virtually see any piece of art, scaled correctly, on the walls of your own home, office, or place of business. Have you ever wondered what the Mona Lisa would look like in your living room? Now you can find out. Are you thinking of buying a piece from a local gallery? Try it out in different places in your home to find the best spot. The app is easy to work with and really helps you visualize how it will work in each space. Curate app review
There are some features the developers could add to really make this one shine, but all in all, it’s a decent offering.
- Virtually see any artwork on your walls
- Try out a piece of art on different walls of your home
- See how famous paintings would look in your office
- Try out a piece from a local gallery before you buy
- Free art app for iPad
If you are an artist, art collector or art dealer then this app is a great tool for you to keep track of your entire art collection. Add all of your items, view them in different modes, store details on each piece, check submissions, view client info, view income and revenue per piece, view submission history, record details of each transaction, review the stats of your collection, password protect your collection, backup your database, export options and more. This is the free version of the app and does have some limitations. There’s an in-app purchase for the full version.
- Keep track of your entire art collection
- Add details per piece, View your collection
- Password protect the app, View client info
- Record transactions, Review stats, Backup and export options
- Free and limited version, In-app purchase for Full version
Love visiting art galleries but hate not knowing the stories behind the artworks? Want to discover more art curated for you? Join the millions of people who use Smartify in museums and at home to discover and share art.
"The most elegant, unobtrusive, information-rich gallery guide I've seen. And it's free!" – BBC.
- Search through a curated collection of more than 2 million artworks or just hold your phone up to an artwork to recognise it.
- Listen to audio tours at your favourite collections and get art recommendations every day!
- Find all of the best art galleries in the UK.
Use ARTLOCAL to discover new art, local trends, and find out about museum and gallery openings. The app’s job is to connect you with local art, enabling you to visually navigate the fine arts scene in select cities. You can preview pieces from nearby museums and galleries, browse openings and exhibitions for shows, and more. Right now the app covers art in Toronto and New York. Download this app and be inspired by the culture and art in each city.
- Interactive map of local exhibitions and openings
- Get connected with local art
- Toronto and New York
- Preview pieces from nearby museums and exhibitions
- Visually navigate the fine arts scene
- Free art app for iPad
DailyArt Free is an app you will want to check out if you love art. If you’re curious about certain artists or their work, DailyArt can help find out answers. You will see beautiful paintings, be taken on a trip through time, and you will enjoy an accessible, informative commentary under each painting. You’ll learn something new every day. You’ll love this one so much, you’ll wish you got more than one daily lesson a day! You can share favorites on Facebook and navigation is smooth and intuitive.
- Learn something new about art every day
- Paintings by both well-known and less well-known artists
- Wonderful descriptions of each piece
- A must-have app for all art lovers
- Free art app for iPad
Arts & Culture offers artifacts, artwork, and more from over 1000 archives, museums, and other organizations from all over the world, brought together by the Google Cultural Institute. They bring their collections and stories online for you to enjoy. You can explore pieces by time period and color, learn about the stories behind both well-known and more obscure pieces, and take panoramic tours of hundreds of heritage sites, landmarks, and museums. You can also zoom in so that you can view the pieces at the level of brushstrokes.
- Explore pieces from more than 1000 museums, archives, and other organizations
- Learn about famous and not-so-famous pieces
- Explore by time period and color
- Take 360-degree tours of heritage sites, landmarks, and museums
- Free iPad app for art