Are you a long-distance runner, or just love to read about those people who do 26-mile runs? If so, then here's a list of the best iPad apps for marathons.
The best iPad apps for marathon
21 May 2021, by Cherry Mae Torrevillas
iRunner is used an iPad app for running. It is the perfect free running workout and cardio fitness tracker for helping you track your indoor or outdoor exercise by distance, route, speed, and time. This runner tracker app tracks both daily steps and activity, plus runs, walks, gym workouts, etc. Record your time, distance, pace and speed for each workout. Compare the results over time. Voice feedback, splits, in-workout pictures, online workout access and more, you’ll have everything you need to track your training progress.
- GPS routes for any of your outdoor workouts.
- Voice feedback during your workout.
- Track critical health metrics such as weight, blood pressure, resting pulse and sleep.
- Sync to the web for easy access.
- Share your workouts by email, Facebook, Twitter
- Steps & Daily Activity Partners
TrainingPeaks is the perfect fitness app for endurance athletes of all ability levels. TrainingPeaks is compatible with over 100 apps and devices, including the Apple Watch. Plus, the Auto-Sync feature allows you to automatically upload your completed workouts from popular fitness devices such as Garmin, Suunto, Polar, Coros, Fitbit and Zwift.
- Quickly view today’s workout on the go
- Add events to your training calendar and track your progress toward those goals
- Weekly Snapshot shows your fitness summary at a glance
- Keep track of how many miles you’re putting on your gear
Can’t complete a full one? Well, here’s the better half of it!
- Plays music from iTunes library
- 12-week program
- Logs complete running history
- Complete voice alerts
- Full progress tracker
Here’s a great app to keep track of your running progress, mileage and more.
- Lists all fitness activities
- Runs your detailed running history
- Measures your running progress
- Gives you a broad detail of tracks
- Runs GPS in the background
Want to run a marathon but not sure how to go about training for it? Use this app, which will give you a 14-week program to follow so you can slowly and progressively work on creating endurance.
- Half-marathon training program
- Listen to music while you train
- Compatible with Nike+GPS
- Works even if your iOS device is locked
- Audio coach and alerts
Safety first! This app allows you to be safe while you're out training for your marathon.
- Let friends and family track you on your run
- Notify your loved ones when you've stopped
- Tracking can be done from an iOS device or via web browser
- Create a personalized lock screen with important information
- Compatible with iOS 8 and iPhone 6