From infected bug bites to strains and sprains, summer comes along with a bunch of possible emergency situations where you will need to be on top of your game when it comes to first aid. If something goes wrong and you need to help someone (or yourself), quickly, a first aid app can help. Check out our list of the best first aid apps for iPhone and iPad apps.
The best first aid apps for iPhone and iPad
6 Apr 2021, by  Cherry Mae Torrevillas
This is a first aid and emergency contact app for iPhone. World’s Premier Immediate Medical Health Record Access. Emergency Contact Data Medical Record. International Personal Medical Health Record Profile Viewer - In Case of Emergency & Every-day Use with Phone & Tablet. The Emergency Contact Data Profile Viewer displays your critical medical record information that is stored on your device within 5 seconds, worldwide, 24/7, without the Internet. The immediate display helps first responders and medical personnel provide the most definitive care possible.
- Medical & Mental Health and Organ Donor Alerts
- Emergency Contacts – With Contact Information
- Physicians – With Office Contact Information
- Medications – Frequency and Dosage
- Medical Conditions; Surgeries & Procedures
First Aid by American Red Cross is the official app from the American Red Cross. You'll have quick and easy access to advice for everyday emergencies. It has videos, simple step-by-step instructions, and interactive quizzes to help you learn and stay on top of first aid knowledge. There's a toggle to switch between English and Spanish, integration with 9-1-1, and emergency prep tips covering topics like extreme weather, chemical emergencies, and earthquakes so you will be prepared. Earn badges with the interactive quizzes and show off your knowledge. Some of the other topics covered include allergies and anaphylaxis, bleeding, broken bones, and more.
- Official first aid app from the American Red Cross
- Advice for everyday emergencies
- Prepare for extreme weather
- Fully integrated with 9-1-1
- Free first aid app for iPhone and iPad
Dog Buddy is a must have app for dog owners, which is available for iPhone/iPod Touch, you can write your dogs’ diaries, record the milestones of your dog and add the picture as souvenir, track your dogs’ weight, save your dog pictures, and track your dog’s veterinary, medications, vaccinations, allergies and other information relevant with your dogs. With this App you can share your dogs with your family and friends.
- Track info on your dog.
- Edit veterinaries’ information, such as name, phone No., address and other notes.
- Track your dogs’ vaccine and allergies info.
- Dog first aid instruction lists.
- Adds reminders for vaccine.
- Supports WiFi and Dropbox Backup & Restore; supports export data by email.
This app allows users to connect with a doctor 24/7 and get the medical advice needed. Talk as long as needed, get prescriptions, fast connection, 100% private, get follow-ups from doctor, view results, ask common questions for a wide range of health conditions, share health data with your doctor, get everything personalized and more. It’s a great way to get medical advice and treatment especially for first aid related issues. For the extended care service, a nominal fee is required. This includes prescriptions, lab work and further diagnosis.
- Get medical advice 24/7
- Fast connection, 100% private
- Unlimited time to talk with doctor
- Share data with doctor, Follow-ups
- Fees for lab work, prescriptions and further diagnosis
ICE Standard ER is an emergency medical contact info app. You can put all of your health information and emergency medical contacts on your lock screen wallpaper so if you're in an accident, emergency responders can find your health info by just looking at your phone. The app offers three colors to let EMTs know the severity of your medical conditions. Red lets EMTs know to read further and indicates severe health conditions or allergies. Yellow means medium risk and indicates that the user takes medications. If none of these apply, the color will show as green. You can choose to show what information is viewable on your lock screen. The app is also integrated with the national Smart911 database, a free service that will provide emergency info to 911 before an emergency so police and dispatchers can see it when you call from the registered phone number.
- Displays your health info on your lock screen wallpaper
- Let EMTs know of allergies, conditions, and medications
- Show emergency contact information
- Integrated with Smart911 database
- Free with in-app purchase
Did you know that 10 percent of all people will have a seizure at least once in their lifetime? Seizure First Aide tells you how to respond to that situation with basic, real-time first aid for all seizure types. There are seizure videos to watch so you can identify them and offers tips like to keep the person and surrounding areas safe, don't put anything in the person's mouth, and time the duration of the seizure. The timer is easily accessible using a button at the bottom of the screen. This is a free app and should never be used to replace medical service. Always call 911 if a seizure lasts longer than 5 minutes.
- Basic first aid for seizures
- Videos of different seizures
- Tips for how to deal with a seizure situation
- Built-in timer
- Free seizure first aid app
Resuscitation! is a virtual patient simulator that makes it fun to learn resuscitation scenarios. You will get a patient who is ill and you will have to play the role of the health care provider: take a history, perform a physical, develop a diagnosis, and administer therapy to treat the problem. You can start IVs, perform different procedures, give medications, get xrays and ultrasounds, and more. The app is designed mostly for health students and pre-med students interested in learning patient care. Some of the topics include emergency neurology, EMS/Paramedic, labor and delivery, and more.
- Virtual patient simulator
- Play the role of health care provider
- Perform tests, prescribe treatment, and more
- For health care professionals and students
- Free with in-app purchases
First Aid for Children - Poisoning - Lite allows you to quickly and look up toxins and symptoms. There are Dos and DON'Ts, a list to find your local poison control center number, and more. Features include an image search tool for mushrooms and plants, emergency phone numbers for more than 80 countries, useful tips to help prevent poisoning, no ads, and full content of the categories of cosmetics, animal bites, nicotine, insect stings, and more. This is a lite version of the full app. The full version has over 500 poisoning emergencies that are covered and you can trigger an emergency call from within the app.
- Learn about toxins and their symptoms
- Image search tool
- Emergency phone numbers for more than 80 countries
- No ads
- Full version is available as a separate purchase
FREE Accupressure Emergency Trainer is a natural first aid travel kit you can follow to provide instant pain relief with Chinese medicine. You can set reminders so you won't forget to administer a massage, find the right massage points with full HD video clips and photos, and always have access to natural first aid. Use massage therapy to reduce motion sickness, relieve stomach pain, reduce tiredness, relieve back pain, relieve sniffles and cold symptoms, strengthen the immune system, and more. You will get free lifelong updates with more massage points when you buy the full version.
- Don't waste time or money on a doctor without trying this first
- Built-in reminders
- HD videos and photos to show you how to find the massage points
- Many different uses
- Full version available as a separate purchase