With each passing year, new technologies are being introduced and people’s way of living their life is evolving and changing with time. One such transformation has taken place in the world of finance because of the introduction of cryptocurrency. The most famous and popular example of cryptocurrency is Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital form of electronic money that is completely decentralized as no one controls the currency or the transactions that are carried out. The transactions are transferred between peer-to-peer networks.
Bitcoin was the first digital currency that came into existence when the mere idea of cryptocurrency was introduced into the market and in the global world at large. The main aim and idea behind launching a cryptocurrency as popular as Bitcoin was to ensure that people have complete control and authority over their financial assets. The banks cannot control the transactions or charge any transaction fees mainly because they are nowhere in the loop.
But also don’t forget to explore Bitindex Prime, as it is the world's first and only fully decentralized cryptocurrency exchange. We're a Y Combinator-backed startup, and our mission is to make it easy for anyone to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
In-Depth Understanding of Bitcoin and the Way, it Operates
Bitcoin is a form of currency completely decentralized as all transactions are carried out with the help of encrypted addresses mainly of 16 characters. The purpose of the encrypted addresses was to ensure that only the owner of the account can transfer or have control over the funds. No one else has control or command over the funds or the currency that belongs to some other individual. The process of carrying out transactions or transferring funds from one person to another is completely transparent.
Steps to Purchase Bitcoin
Bitcoin has set a market cap of $21 million, which means that as soon as all $21 million Bitcoins have been mined new ones cannot be purchased. If figures are to be believed then till now $17 million bitcoins have been mined successfully. Many people wish to figure out a way to purchase Bitcoin. The steps are as followed:
- The main step that allows people to send, receive or purchase bitcoin is to install the bitqz software on the computer network that people are more likely to use for a specific purpose.
- Secondly, now one needs to transfer some funds to an online exchange that will help them connect successfully with buyers or sellers of bitcoin.
- The last step requires the person to wait for the acceptance of the currency. Once it is approved then people can purchase bitcoin in the same manner like they would be investing in stocks.
Things to Know about Bitcoin
There are a few things that everyone needs to know before they consider investing in Bitcoin. The main facts are as follows:
- People need to be very careful while making a transaction through Bitcoin e-wallet mainly because the transactions cannot be reversed. The transactions that are carried out are not connected to the actual identity of the users that exist in the real world. Hence, one needs to be very careful as if a wrong transaction is carried out then there are no chances for the payment to be reversed, no matter how hard you try.
- Unlike a bank, the transactions that are done through bitcoin are done instantly in a matter of a few seconds as there is no one monitoring the transaction except the owner. No matter how much money someone is planning to transfer, it is going to be done in an instant yet smooth manner.
- If someone wishes to access cryptocurrency or are planning to own one then they do not need to take anyone’s permission neither they have to fill out forms to get approval from higher authorities. All they have to do is simply make an account by downloading the software on the computer they are using.
- Bitcoin can be easily converted into cash with the help of a Bitcoin ATM. However, it might not be available in every country or at every place at the moment mainly because some people are gradually getting used to it with every passing day.
- There is no central monetary authority keeping an eye on bitcoin or any other form of cryptocurrency. Hence everyone is on their own.
Bitcoin is a very safe and secure form of investing but people have to maintain their patience as the rate of return might not be instant. One might have to wait for 5 years before it is evident. However, one should invest or deal in crypto trading as it is going to transform the banking sector as well.